Today’s Christian Life, in my opinion, has been reduced to a more secular perspective. I say this because of what I see all around me. Here’s some of what I have observed over the last 50-years.
1. God is blamed for things that go wrong.
2. Man has become a god unto himself.
3. Life is centered in the, “ME” revelation instead of the Divine revelation.
4. Miracles and Faith have been reduced to the rule of Fate.
5. There is a great falling away from the faith among churchgoers.
6. Christianity is on a down spiral in the USA.
7. Bible reading is just about a thing of the past,
8. People are buried in work, play and self-absorption.
9. Truth has become relative to one’s opinion.
10. Personal morality is almost non-existent.
Most of us live our lives based upon assumptions that may or may not be true. Some folks don’t even question the thought process that society says is the basis for living. There is no “Real Truth” anymore. It seems to be your truth or my truth but never “Absolute Truth.” I guess that is why so many folks are confused and have difficulty trying to figure out their existence. The truth seems to elude them.
I believe that “Absolute Truth” comes from God and is revealed in the Bible. In order to know God’s truth concerning our existence, we must ask ourselves three basic questions and look to the scriptures for the answers. Our conclusions will literally determine the way we live our lives here on earth and what our eternal destiny will be.
Is there a God? Does he love me? Will I ever see him face to face? Who am I? Why am I here at this time, in this age? Why do I feel so bad about life and the future? Why don’t I have real peace of mind?
All these questions and a hundred more plaque us every day, unless we know the truth. However, whose truth? Jesus said, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 He also said, “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father, except by me” John 14:6
The truth of the matter, which is absolute, is…Jesus. He is the embodiment of truth and the only way to God, the father.
I guess it’s time to stop chasing rabbits and realize that we need a Savior. He will guide is into what is true and away from what is not. If you are anything like me, you’ve tried most everything else. Maybee it’s time to put your trust in Jesus and make him Lord over tour life. He won’t let you down. I did that over 70 years ago and am still amazed at what he has done in my life.
Until next time
John Marinelli, Author & Poet